Long Live London - but BBC you don't arf waffle...

By : Administrator
Published 23rd March 2017 |
Read latest comment - 27th March 2017

London slowly comes back to normal after the awful atrocities of yesterday and seemingly more common place terror attacks in Cities across the world.

But you do wonder about some of the 24 hour news feeds and media frenzy that seem to dispense with common sense and moral judgement. 

I know Mr Police Spokesperson that you said you can't release any details due to the ongoing investigation, but what is the name of the attacker, what is his nationality? 

Here we have some MPs coming out after the lock down was lifted, lets jump on them quickly and be amazed when they don't want to speak to us.

But my absolute favourite...

We are now going to go live and hear from an eye witness who was on the bridge - So did you see what happened?

But at least Twitter can be relied on to keep things out of context and out of perspective, particularly when there is a Trump involved 

So another day and the human race continues in it's bizarre screwed up and dysfunctional trajectory...  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Well said Steve!

I find BBC news coverage awful, similar standard of reporting to Daily Mail.  Prefer Sky News; don't seem to make as many gaffs.  Main problem is each one wants to be the first with the news.  As for Donald Trump Jr's comments, these were originally made last year.  Like father, like son comes to mind!

I won't name him, but on LinkedIn someone in the security business has suggested that the bus drivers should have done more to stop the terrorist as he drove along the pavement on Westminster Bridge and his company is able to offer them a course on how to handle such situations.  Okay, lessons will need to be learned but now is not the time to be advertising your company, as many contributors have responded.  As some have also pointed out, the risks were very high.  Bus speed required meant that it could have ended up in river, with more deaths/injuries or ploughed into innocent people trying to assist others.  

There's also the human factor to consider; processing what is going on in front of you and how to deal with it successfully.   We all react at different speeds, for a number of reasons.  Some people will say it all happened in slow motion, others will say it happened so quickly they weren't able to take in everything.   

I could go on......

JuliaP

I won't name him, but on LinkedIn someone in the security business has suggested that the bus drivers should have done more to stop the terrorist as he drove along the pavement on Westminster Bridge and his company is able to offer them a course on how to handle such situations.  ”

Some people really are shameless. I thought the security services handled it really well, at least from my arm chair perspective. I'm all for a have a go heros, but when it comes to a total nutjob who has no concern for his own life and you have no idea what weaponry or threat he poses, then best leaving it to the trained professionals. 

I thought the Mayors quote of how the security and emergency services ran towards the threat whilst telling the innocent to run the opposite way was almost Churchillian  Stirring stuff 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Now it's emerged that the whole event took only 82 seconds.  

The LinkedIn post may have now been deleted as I can't find it this morning; this was requested by a few of the contributors who used a number of four letter words to describe him.  One person pointed out that not only had he made himself look silly, he had possibly ruined his employer's reputation.  With any luck he's had a very difficult meeting with his boss this morning.....

Interesting to ponder how someone like Churchill would have dealt with the modern day threats.

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments