Discipline gone mad?

By : Forum Member
Published 19th November 2009 |
Read latest comment - 20th November 2009

I was reading this article over a coffee earlier - a 10 year old girl gets Tasered by Police - the full article is here - Unruly girl, 10, tasered by police - *MSN News - MSN UK

Got me thinking, as a father of 2 boys aged 12 & 8 would I have allowed the police to do that to my children?

As any parent knows bringing up children is hard work and there are times that we dont always make the right decisions for our children.

Sometimes they push our stress levels to the maximum and even do their best to push our boundaries to the absolute limit but for the mother of this 10 year old child to ask the Police to taser her just because she wont get in the shower seems a little, ok maybe a lot of over reaction.

Im all for discipline, just ask my boys as im fairly strict with them but this is just, well words fail to express how I feel about this crazy act. Ok I wasnt there when it happend but I fail to see how the punishment in this case meets the crime.

Right rant over - be interested to hear your views

Clive
Comments
forum avatarKip FX Design
20th November 2009 10:11 AM
Tasering should be there as an absolute last policy, I do not care how bad a 10 year old is, they do not need that, if a policeman or woman (usually in pairs anyway) cannot subdue a 10 year old, I would want their badges.

This is ridiculous!

I believe in discipline, it never did me any wrong, in fact i am better for it, I am never late, I have prefect manners and morals, and generally think of others before myself.
Would I be like this without strict parents? I don't think so.

Teachers cannot even grab kids to split up a fight now! What the hell is the world coming to?

That is a bizzare one calling the police because you cant control your daughter.

I dont do the whole smaking thing but If my daughter acted in that fashion a taser would have been the least of her worries. The no smacking rule would definately have been broken.

anyway cattle prods are more effect higher voltage.

Stavros

I dunno, I can think of few hooligans I wouldn't mind tasering.....

Be great new sport on a Saturday night everytime you see a drunken obnoxious teenager

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Not talking from personal experience are we Steve?

I will ask the same question in a few years when Grace gets close to this age lol

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments