Video SEO

By : Forum Member
Published 4th August 2011 |
Read latest comment - 29th January 2013

Is it worth it? Apart from slapping it on youtube, how else is it marketed? Had a couple of spam / marketing emails a while back offering this kind of service. They lost my interest when they said "our normal price is

Thanks,
Barney
Comments
Is it worth it?

I used to be cynical about them, then conceded they were useful but never got round to doing any. Then Highlandspring posted a great webinar today about Googles latest Panda Update.

On there he touched on videos, and made me think. Videos are a great way to increase the stickability of your site and increase visitor on page time. Now in this new Google Panda world, they are now looking at a whole host of factors when analyzing your site, and if users are spending a lot of time on your site, then this tells google your site is a good resource, and it may get a shove up the rankings.

Plus, the webinar itself is actually answering your question. One member found it, linked it to here, and a few more of us have been over there to watch and listen to it.

So in this case, SEO benefit, and has generated traffic. Suppose the trick is creating compelling enough content!

Ref paying someone, hmm, any reason why you can't do it yourself? Maybe a series of vids for the DIY enthusiast? Barneys step by step guide to fitting a sink? Have a cam corder sat there pointing at you?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I have played around with videos once or twice. I was learning though, and I think I might not have gotten the mix right. But what we generally do is upload a vid to Youtube, and then add it to a few other areas like Vodpod, blip TV, and Metacafe. The really cool thing is that, my blog has a player plugin from vodpod that adds our videos to a sidebar in the blog itself.

If you get the combination right, and make a vid that could spark the next idea virus, it would rocket your traffic by all accounts. People will want to see the site that the videos come from, and if your site is well planned out, it could boost sales as well.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

forum avatarmint24
7th September 2011 4:49 AM
Here are 5 reasons why we should use video for SEO:

Video for SEO | How video can seriously help your SEO | Wordtracker

forum avatarJamesCartwright
7th September 2011 11:03 AM
We've made a series of short videos on the process/questions surrounding company formation, but they've never been properly marketed. We've got about 12 videos - and I think they're pretty useful - but they only have 100 views each (if that)! Only a couple minutes each.

Conversely - about 4 years ago, we made a pretty rubbish quality video. No marekting at all. Today it has 110,000 views! Explain that

Conversely - about 4 years ago, we made a pretty rubbish quality video. No marekting at all. Today it has 110,000 views! Explain that

Whats that old saying, "all publicity is good publicity"

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Now days people start creating video with their article and published on videos website. I saw few videos and they are article and change in slides and then put or compile into a video.

I think people like to watch videos and apply different techniques in SEO...

addyj672

It is important to expose potential costumers to your organization regardless of means. I second Steve, all publicity is good publicity.

enterprisepe

forum avatarRafaelJames
18th January 2013 10:41 AM
Video Bookmarking is also a good way. You can Bookmark your YouTube video Urls to promote them and get traffic on videos that can also drive on the site.

RafaelJames

it's worth having a video as most people will prefer to actually watch something as opposed to read through the constant sales pitch on your website. You can also fit more into the video than most users are willing to read

shaneparkins

This Thread is now closed for comments