Why can't SEO's be performance based?

By Sharpink : Forum Regular
Published 14th September 2011 | Last comment 23rd February 2012
Comments
Ahhh Switch it off Looks like a 1000 other cheesy SEO websites

You seem to know your stuff, I'd stick with your current approach and become known on places like forums as someone who knows what they are talking about

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Ahhh Switch it off Looks like a 1000 other cheesy SEO websites

Lol need a website for ma business name :P but I dont get much traffic so thats why I'm not that fussed about what it looks like atm.

I dont really know what I want the website to actually look like.. I want to blog a bit but I would do that on my personal website but im not the best at writing and don't have the patient to write and keep writing.

Lol why do you think I havent linked my website here on the site :P I dont even like it myself.

JamesK

I have seen some companies that say pay upon satisfaction, however there is always a catch of a small up front fee.

Surely there must be some laws against how they sell there service, its like Paying

TCCuk

Surely there must be some laws against how they sell there service...

Downside of the internet revolution. The cost to start a business may now be minimal, but that will mean a high influx of shady Snake Oil Salesmen

They stalk most areas of online business, including directories, but they seem to be well populated in the SEO industry

What few laws that specifically apply to online business are pretty hard to enforce IMO.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hmmm, generic maybe, but i don't think its all that bad to be honest. You just need to personalize it, and make it your own. I love the logo, so incorporating colors from that into the site as well could be good, even if its just for headings, links etc.

You could go the way of wordpress, mean more and more use it as a site and not a blog, and there are millions of customizable premium themes out there, or you could get a developer to code one for you, or DIY if you're good at php.

Or you could just spruce the old site up with a new layout, some jquery image sliders, and color. Either way, I don't think you should give up on it.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

This Thread is now closed for comments