The new Microsoft - logo.

By : Forum Moderator
Published 24th August 2012 |
Read latest comment - 30th August 2012

What do you think of the new logo from Microsoft? There are many that believe they missed the boat and could have done a lot better than what they have. I have to admit, when I heard that they had a new logo, I was thinking of something a lot more awesome than the one they have.

Once again, from mashable, here are a few thoughts on the subject, as well as the logo for you to have a look at and decide for yourself.

New logo ~ mashable

What do you think of it?

Thanks,
Dreamraven
Comments
I would not have noticed had it not been in the press

Thanks,
Barney

I would not have noticed had it not been in the press

lol same here. If it had not been buzzing on the forums, I would be clueless as well. So what do you think of the new logo, better, worse?

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Worse. The "wavey" version was better. 4 squares isn't very distinctive.

...not sure it'll effect them much though.

So what do you think of the new logo, better, worse?

I can not really say one way or the other whether it is better or worse, as I don't really take much notice of company logo's. The only logo I take any notice of, is the one with the crown in a circle!

Thanks,
Barney

I think the new logo is better because it is simpler tah the old one. I also did't know that Microsoft has a new logo.

taschevapartner

People it is a rebrand. Not a redesign.

It didn't need to be made all that different because of the weight the existing brand carries. Starbucks' recent rebrand was very similar.

Less is more

diggersjohn33

Am I alone in thinking the font is slightly more 'appley' by that I mean looks like apple branding???

enterprisepe

Am I alone in thinking the font is slightly more 'appley' by that I mean looks like apple branding???

Now that you mention it, it does, doesn't it.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

I preferred the previous one one, I thought it was iconic.

Blimey, now they have to update all the documentation, packaging, branding etc, plus the design costs, it must have cost a fortune.

No doubt some clever soul has done some indepth analysis that the rebrand will increase revenues by xyz.

Personally, for my fag packet analysis, it looks like they've gone for something designed on Word '97 in Arial with a bit of clip art

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments