forum avatar

A mobile RANT

By
Published 2nd March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 3rd March 2010

Excuse me for this mild rant. Somebody must have decided this was a good idea for all sorts of good reasons but I can't for the life of me, think what they could be.

I want to know .... and I feel there must be a good answer somewhere... and someone else must be able to clear it up for me ... why do almost all mobile charger cables... maybe it is all... have the plug the wrong way around? By wrong way, I mean when you plug it into a mains socket, the wire comes out above the earth wire (UK 3 pin plugs) and gets in the way of anything else you want to plug in ... purposely ... a pain in the neck if you ask me?

I find this really irritating... really. It may sound stupid but if you have an adaptor, or an extension lead, it often stops you using another plug in the adapter or lead. Does anyone else find this a pain? Oh come on... I can't be the only one!

It has really started to irritate me because my house is full of extension leads and adaptors because it's badly wired and there aren't enough outlets and it's catching on because lots of adapters are the same now.

Madness ... ha ha ha
Comments
lol, I thought at first what on earth are you on about. Then looked down at my charger and your right!

Looked at the missus's one, and my old one, and yup, they are all back to front!

Just have to make sure you have plenty of extension leads, daisy chaining 12 off each other isn't bad is it?

Although they are starting to melt into the carpet, but its ok, we took the batteries out of the smoke alarm to stop it squawking while the cats were keeping an eye on the baby.

Hope there are no elf & safety peeps on here

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

ahh - nothing beats a good rant to get things off your chest!

Gota be honest this is something that does annoy me though, if you ever use a double plug adator you cant plug your charger in with something else!

Think we may have a new business venture on our hands - anyone want in??

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments