When not to outsource

By : Forum Moderator
Published 17th January 2013 |
Read latest comment - 30th January 2013

lol how would you like of the best employees in the world (overkill perhaps) working for you, only to find out he's paying someone else to do his work for them while he surfs the net all day?

Take a look at this post from sky news.

An American computer programmer has been caught outsourcing his own work to a company in China. The scam came to light only when the man's employer became suspicious about repeated remote logins to its server from the northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang. The story is related in a blog posted by Andrew Valentine, a computer forensic investigator at Verizon Business, a US-based communications firm.

what next?

Thanks,
Dreamraven
Comments
lol love it

See his average day, did his colleagues not think he was odd, especially with the cat videos
9.00 am - Get to work, surf Reddit, watch cat videos
11.30 am - Lunch
1.00 pm - eBay
2.00 pm or so - Facebook and LinkedIn
4.30 pm - Send end-of-day email update to management
5.00 pm - Go home

...heads off to double check work from UK based developer....

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

lol love it
See his average day, did his colleagues not think he was odd, especially with the cat videos

A headset maybe? Still, I can't believe a developer wouldn't realize that management can see who logs in and from where....

Thanks,
Dreamraven

l

...heads off to double check work from UK based developer....

Dang - Clive hastily pulls all his work back in house !

Clive

Dang - Clive hastily pulls all his work back in house !

Somehow, I doubt a cup of coffee will work this time lol

Thanks,
Dreamraven

You should have looked at comments, it's roughly 100% applauded him. I tried to ask a chinese company for the price to build a website 2 years ago, it was from

Thanks,
Design promote

A headset maybe? Still, I can't believe a developer wouldn't realize that management can see who logs in and from where....

I doubt his credentials!

Roxy

I admire his nerve!

Melanie

As long as the work was done what's the harm?

Bay Waste

As long as the work was done what's the harm?

Other than putting his super secure and sensitive remote access token in the post to China, very little!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments