Mob Justice?

By : Forum Member
Published 9th March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 11th March 2010

I recently was contacted by a lady who had been attacked by someone we listed on the site. She was asking if we would remove him because of this offence he committed a while back.

Got me thinking - as far as The Law is concerned this person was tried & convicted of a crime, for this he served an amount of time in prison and subsequently released back in to society.

Guilty or innocent of the crime a Court of Law decided what his punishment was & surely now he is free to carry on his life and as long as he stays away from his alleged victim should he have to put up with this type of

Clive
Comments
Wowo thats a difficult one as a father I would want to know if the guy was living next door but I also dont condone kangaroo court mentality.

Hmm you have definately given me something to ponder this afternoon.

Stavros

hmmm, talk about stoking the fires...

My initial reaction ref the Bulger killer was to nail him up on the town hall door.

But then we live in a democracy, not a big fan of anarchy or mob rule, as it's not good for business

Like you say, he's been convicted of a crime, served his time (debatable), released on license, so if he has done something else, which has led him to being arrested, let the legal system deal with it. If he gets banged up again, I'll doubt he'll be released so easily a second time!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I'm not sure what she'd want to achieve by that. I suspect it would be a visceral rather than a logical thing.

If you removed his listing, you'd be compromising his means of earning a living, surely this will only make a fit adult of working age unnecessarily dependent on the benefits system - or the even more overstretched and expensive prison service.

Obviously you can't share details of the listing or the offence... I could sort of see the sense if it was (for instance) a person convicted of child abuse running a daycare centre, but even then it would be more appropriate to alert the police rather than messing about removing listings.

VirtuallyMary

I just think that if you have served your time then society should give you a chance. Problem is if you keep offending or reoffend for the same crime - where do you draw the line?

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments