Lead Generation Ideas

By : Forum Member
Published 28th May 2013 |
Read latest comment - 18th August 2016

Hi there
I know that lead generation is very important for each business, so I thought it would be great to share ideas and methods, which worked for us.
I would start with the forums. Actively participating in forums helps us to generate more leads, as well as to increase the ranking positions.
What works for you?

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates
Comments
For us it has to be SEO. The majority of businesses that join our directory come to us from Google.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Apart from SEO , I believe no business should rely only on Google to get clients, so may be forums like this are also a very good way to generate some leads.

I think paid ads are the best way to get good leads. They give us a number of niche targeting options, so the traffic that comes through it is actually looking for our product and thus the chances of conversion are higher.

alicemenezes

By paid ads, do you mean Google Adwords or s0mething else?

I would network. Its one of the best ways to generate leads I think. MLS gets its business from google mostly because its a directory and relies on where the listings are in searches. For any other type of business, I would definitely look at SEO, but focus more on getting the company name out there networking in forums, social networks etc.

I mean, if you can create a presence for yourself and your company on a social network, then you're halfway there. People will hear what you have to say, see what you do online, and if you can build trust they might even start referring people to you. (IMHO of course)

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Social media groups and ads in newspaper site can generate some real business leads. Try to participates on actively on your business related forums, blogs and social media groups. You will get some queries soon.

IanL

...ads in newspaper site can generate some real business leads.

This got me thinking, and is a very good point. Someone I know well does a lively trade on eBay, making decent margins and still hasn't got bored of posting things

But advertising wise, it's a cheap and cheerful advert in the local newspaper, asking for any unwanted model train stuff. What he found is, rather than kids train sets, it's older blokes who have passed away, leaving a room full of train layouts and stuff. So he offers a price, and takes it all away.

No PPC campaigns, no SEO, no Google, just big markups by breaking up large collections into smaller lots.

So maybe sometimes we can overlook the obvious or forget more traditional avenues.

Steve Richardson

Never put your eggs in one basket and rely on what appears to be a great source, e.g ebay That source can often eventually dry up or become too expensive. You should have a variety of lead generating methods in place.

I generally use a mix of forums, seo, local networking and most importantly, my best marketing tool is building good relationships with my clients to ensure word of mouth referrals are maintained, as it's a higher conversion rate than people picking up names off the internet.

That said, from enquiry to sale, my conversion has consistently been at around 90% for a few years. Most clients turn up with an order eventually - it might even be as long as 2 years before a quote comes good (that's been my longest conversion) - but certainly plenty of people call me up and I send a quote which can convert several months down the line when they are ready.

indizine
indizine

That said, from enquiry to sale, my conversion has consistently been at around 90% for a few years.

Now that's what I call a conversion rate!

Its been said many times before, but is so true. Word of mouth will always be the best marketing tool in your armoury.

All it takes these days is to do what you said you'd do and have a bit of customer service.

My glasses fell apart last night. Popped into Specsavers this morning where I bought them. Although they are well out of warranty, without any hesitation they said they'd repair them as a goodwill gesture. So where will I buy my next pair from?

Doesn't take much, but a bit of customer service can generate some good leads, from word of mouth and repeat business.

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments