Passport Issues

By : Forum Member
Published 11th June 2014 |
Read latest comment - 12th June 2014

Heard on the news this morning that the Passport Issuing Office are working 7 days a week to reduce a 500,000 back log of renewals & new passports.

I was lucky, about 6 weeks ago i applied for a renewal of my youngest son's passport - didnt use the fast track system, in fact did it all online, printed off a declaration, got his fotos done (£6.50 for 8!! only needed 2! )and then sent it off. 3 weeks later arrived safely in the post.

So i'm safe, we can still go away in August 

With the crazy holiday season round the corner anyone affected by this?

Clive
Comments

The only holiday I'll be having this year is a busmans holiday, I've finally decided I need a new bathroom, I bought the new bathroom suite 8 or 10 years ago and its been sitting in my shed ever since and I look at it from time to time and say to myself 'one day I'll get round to it'...

Thanks,
Barney

10 years ago! that beats any of my waiting times lol

Hope its still usable after all this time?

Promised my son last year we would go away but he decided at the last minute he may miss his older brother who has decided not to join us again this year.

Lads holiday here we come, oh yea forgot, my dear old mum & a friend are coming too - still intend to fully enjoy this break, we will do our own things 

Clive

Just saw on the BBC website that people with an urgent need to travel can have their Passport applications  fast tracked for free until the problem is resolved.

Not quite sure how that will be policed but at least its something.

No doubt Theresa May will be facing some tough questions in the coming hours/days !

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments