I Wonder....

By : Forum Member
Published 7th July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 7th July 2014

Which bright spark, decided to allow the Tour De France bike race to run through London on a Monday morning causing havoc for both businesses and motorists alike... I'm beginning to think that this country really doesn't about small businesses and how losing a days income can effect them...

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

Did actually think of you when i saw the news this morning about the Tour going through London ..

Does seem a trifle idiotic, there again, guess Boris saw an opportunity to make more money...?

Clive

We'll I've travelled 42 miles to do a normal 17 mile trip simply because of road closures. On the bright side I've avoided the congestion charge... Heard on the radio that there was 1 million people lining the streets to cheer the cyclists on, just wondering who and what this 1 million people do, night workers? Stay at home parents? Unemployed? Cannot imagine someone taking a day off work to watch a group of cyclists whizz past in 30 seconds....

Thanks,
Barney

25 mile detour - thats some going !

There was 2.5million watching over the weekend up north.

My home Town, Redditch, hosts one of the races for the cycling road race "Tour Series". Its mayhem on that night, usually late May,  but its only for one night but still has a massive knock on effect as they close the town centre down.

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments