PPI when will it end?

By : Administrator
Published 22nd July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 1st August 2014

I still seem to get occasional calls to my mobile telling me I have an outstanding claim, and can get free money blah blah.

The beeb has reported there were nearly 57,000 complaints to the Financial Ombudsman in April, May and June this year.

That's a lot of people that have taken the time and trouble to complain. It feels like this PPI scandal has been rolling on for ever. Surely every single person in the country has been contacted multiple times by now? 

Isn't it time to stop/ban these ambulance chasers, and if you feel you still have a claim, phone them up!

Or are we just firmly entrenched in "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture, and it's now a fact of life?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Whilst its badged as "FREE" money everyone will claim.

Totally agree its time now to stop the advertising and close whatever loop hole exists. If someone hasn't claimed by now surely they never will!

Also yes stop the ambulance chasers following an accident - how many of you have had a cold call "just wanted you to know you have a reserve of £5000 minimum following your accident" - didn't know i'd had one , phone goes dead.

For those that do have minor bumps, when will people realise that claiming for a non existent injury is 1) fraud 2) its not free money 3) doesnt make it right just 'coz someone else did it 4) actually increases premiums.

People in the UK seem to want free everything, be that benefits, PPI compensation, PI claims - or whatever - this culture has to stop!

Clive

Saw on the news this morning that Lloyds half year profits have been hit due to the ongoing PPI claims.

They still managed a pre tax profit of (just checking BBC website for facts) £863m.

Good news for shareholders, Lloyds said it would carry on with plans to recommence dividend payments.

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments