How unbelievable would the Trump saga be as a film?

By : Administrator
Published 12th January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 13th January 2017

It seems every day the news throws up another incredible alleged fact about Mr Trump, or a famous Trump response splashed across the media.

With days to go before he officially becomes President I can only imagine this free to air entertainment show is going to get even more bizarre.

If this really was a film or a book, would you believe it? An alleged conspiracy from the Kremlin to install a favourable presidential candidate, further allegations that Russian spies have compromising information that can blackmail him, with President elect defending the Russian President, whilst publicly criticising  his own security services and military.

Naturally the information has to come from a former MI6 agent, that way we can get some Aston Martin car chases with a London backdrop.

Then you have the main character almost going out of his way to alienate the press corps, whilst giving a live running commentary of the unfiltered and unmoderated thoughts in his head on social media. 

If nothing else, I think Mr Trump has revitalised the declining fortunes of Twitter  

If nothing else Godwins law is alive and well:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches"

Who would of thought they would hear the incoming President of the United States compare the Country they are about to represent to Nazi Germany? 

Currently President Elect Trump is in the honeymoon period, he has no actual responsibility. What will happen when the full weight of Presidential responsibility lands on his shoulders? Will he be tweeting live from the G8 summit or telling us about the latest spat he has had with a world leader? 

Maybe we should send the Queen over to give him some leadership tips  as she's seen plenty of world leaders come and go over the years 

On a serious note, I'm genuinely worried about this new political direction for the States. What may seem a long way a way and humorous over here, could have far reaching consequences when you consider Americas position in the world. Like it or loathe it, we live in a global economy, financial services which is a major portion of our economy like stability. Unfortunately with Brexit and now the US soap opera, financial stability seems a long way a way.

The one thing  for sure, it's going to be an eventful 2017 and beyond...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Difference between The Queen and The Donald is she knows how to keep her mouth shut (on the whole).

There are some predictions that he won't last the full term because he won't be able to cope.  Many thought Obama was a lame duck president, but I think we're going to see another one.   Or, we'll all be eating our words......

JuliaP

Trump is a real threat to world peace, if he doesn't get his own way he spits his dummy out like a child, as was witnessed when he wanted his golf course in Aberdeen! People would not move so he built a wall so they could not view the ocean from their homes. What a Jerk to have as president, as he has no panache like Obama has and god help us all when he is in full power!!! The American  people should be very wary to say the least.

Professional Courier

Trump is a real threat to world peace, if he doesn't get his own way he spits his dummy out like a child,...”

He's certainly spat his dummy plenty of times recently, will get it worse with the pressures of office? Or will the team around him isolate him from outbursts and take over his PR and social media channels...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments