Can you help me choose a SatNav???????

By hdm : Forum Member
Published 13th September 2011 | Last comment 21st September 2011
Comments
Seriously...

iPhone 4 + TomTom - lifetime updates via the App Store AND you'll be sure to remember it because it's your phone too

diggersjohn33

forum avatarDragonFD
19th September 2011 3:00 PM
The sat navs on smart phones are fabulous. I have an android phone (HTC) which uses the google satnav (which is free). It easily beats my Audi SatNav and a friends NavMan which got us lost and the phone found us again and got us to our location. The google one is always up to date via google maps and links in with google earth.

I always find a road map best, I haven't once ended up in a farm yard!!

garlex

I've just bought a TomTom GO Live 1000 as my old 730 was showing its age.

These latest models have a capacitive screen (as on iPhones/smartphones) so you don't have to put your finger through the screen just to tap a button.

TomTom units also come with 'IQ routes' which calculates up to date route information based on millions of journeys taken by motorists every single day. It's amazing the little shortcuts it finds.

Don't buy from TomTom direct though - outlets or even eBay will get you them

Eagle

Thank you, Eagle. I'll certainly check that out.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

forum avatarBluefinNW
20th September 2011 8:43 AM
I suppose the only remaining question is where is the best place to buy one - i too am looking for a new sat nav as I think my old one has done is time and is up for retirement... anyone recommend any companies who sell them?

I have been looking to my trusted Amazon site, they seem to have the monopoly on good deals and plenty of choices.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

forum avatarBluefinNW
20th September 2011 8:59 AM
I have been looking to my trusted Amazon site, they seem to have the monopoly on good deals and plenty of choices.

Think thats a good shout - will have a look at them today!

Thanks

There's plenty of customer reviews for each Amazon product, too - that's why my head is still spinning.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

I suppose the only remaining question is where is the best place to buy one - i too am looking for a new sat nav as I think my old one has done is time and is up for retirement... anyone recommend any companies who sell them?

PentagonGPS is where I bought mine.

Eagle

This Thread is now closed for comments