UK Car insurance expected to rise by 18%

By : Administrator
Published 28th January 2010 |
Read latest comment - 29th January 2010

Saw this on the news this morning. Apparently UK insurers reckon the average premium will increase by 18% over the next 12 months, thanks to the increasing number of uninsured drivers and fraud "I've hurt my neck" claims.

So with years of no claims bonus, why should I have to foot the bill for some illegal driver hitting me, or some scrubber who's faking whiplash so he can get a few quid

We now have a database fro Road Tax and MOT's, why can't they cross refer data to check vehicles are insured properly?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
We now have a database fro Road Tax and MOT's, why can't they cross refer data to check vehicles are insured properly?

I watch a lot of the Police "fly on the wall" programmes. There is a system in place called ANPR - automatic number plate recognition, this does check Tax, MOT, Insurance & owner of the vehicle - you may see police cars just parked up and assume that they are on a break, what they are actually doing is checking number plates - think im right in quoting it can check 10 number plates a second, but im not a 100% on that.

Problem is there are so many uninsured drivers this is a mammoth task to get them all off the road.

Seems bizarre to me though, the more the rates go up the more likely that people are not going to be able to afford the premium thus increasing the number of uninsured drivers, the more uninsured drivers = higher premiums and so the pattern continues

Clive

Seems bizarre to me though, the more the rates go up the more likely that people are not going to be able to afford the premium thus increasing the number of uninsured drivers, the more uninsured drivers = higher premiums and so the pattern continues

sounds like some kind of crazy chaos theory formula lol

Paula

sounds like some kind of crazy chaos theory formula lol

thats how insurance premiums are guessed i mean worked out

Clive

my insurance renewal was due this week and it went up by

Stavros

my insurance renewal was due this week and it went up by

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments