forum avatar

Is Facebook a Useful tool

By
Published 24th January 2012 |
Read latest comment - 23rd April 2012

I am considering using Facebook for a marketing campaign. I work for a local and national deal site, and with many marketing strategies already in place I am starting to think of paid marketing avenues. Obviously Google PPC campaigns are a must. But with social media sites, I feel that they are so bombarded with advertisements, that they just get ignore.

Does anyone have success stories, or bad experiences when advertising through social media, especially Facebook?

All comments welcomed.
Comments
Welcome aboard

Tried FB PPC a while ago, simple to set up, but got minimal conversions, so made the assumption my business wasn't particularly suited to FB. But prob worth a try again in the future as FB gets ever more commercial and business savvy.

But, having the FB likes (recommends) on our sites has been very good, is free, and generates plenty of traffic, as does the Google Plus 1's.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Yes, we've got lots of conversion and traffic through the Facebook page. The page used to act like a customer support, whenever the clients have problem regrading the services, they just ping you or drop a message and you get in touch.

But it requires dedicated resources and all you have to keep updating the page and keep involving the users.

Bliss Felton

Social media platforms such as Facebook can be used successfully to promote local business and in online marketing campaigns. Getting your friends on Facebook involved sharing & liking your ads are a few things you can do.

Scintillion

This is really interesting because we haven't got much benefit from Facebook as our company is more business to business. I think Facebook can work effectively in a business to consumer world but haven't ever cracked how it can be useful in a BtoB marketplace. I have got some effective use out of twitter but again I dont find this 100% brilliant either as many of our followers and site visitors tend to be American. I think twitter is still far more popular in the US than it is in the UK. I would be very interested if any businesses have driven good levels of new enquiry in a business to business environment via facebook.

lcurrall

We haven't gotten much benefit from our FB but that could be to do with the amount of effort (or lack of) that we have put into it. That being said it gives us another platform of where we can be found.

Accounting Help

forum avatargetmydealuk
1st February 2012 12:14 PM
I feel that that is the main use of FB, merely being a platform to used as just another place t be found, yet having all these facebook pages doesnt really help with getting traffic to your site. 99% of people are only going to know of your FB page because they already know of your website. As good as my companies website looks, its still the age old problem of getting people to visit the site, without plunging

I feel that that is the main use of FB, merely being a platform to used as just another place t be found, yet having all these facebook pages doesnt really help with getting traffic to your site. 99% of people are only going to know of your FB page because they already know of your website. As good as my companies website looks, its still the age old problem of getting people to visit the site, without plunging

Accounting Help

It can be, but not always.

You demographic might not be a viable market to be worth the endeavours Facebook marketing requires.

diggersjohn33

Facebook doesn't really do much for us but this could also to do with not spending enough time and effort to find a particular use for it.

We mainly have it as another platform for people to find us. LinkedIn is most probably a more useful social networking platform for many (not all) businesses.

Accounting Help

This Thread is now closed for comments