Facebook is worth $95bn (apparently!)

By sjr4x4 : Administrator
Published 4th May 2012 | Last comment 5th March 2013
Comments
I think the valuation is based on potential advertising reach, but Facebook have yet to monetize their mobile assets - and are really struggling to figure it out.

So, unless they create a better mobile strategy, it wouldn't surprise me if share value and company valuation take a dip.

Slough Business

I recently looked at creating an ad on facebook; got halfway through it and lost interest. To tempt be back they sent a

neil@camisonline

...and they think they can compete with Google for search... Hmm.

Doesn't sound very slick... maybe FB growing pains?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

more like advertising pains for the end user. Facebook is the last organisation I'd trust with a copy of my passport so I edited the personal details out before posting.

At least Google are helpful with Adwords and can see the value in providing a phone number so they can talk to their customers and assist with their campaigns.

neil@camisonline

Hopefully if there is a large buyout offer on Facebook Zuckerberg is smart enough to take it so he doesn't become the next Jerry Yang.

Scintillion

at first I wasnt fussed on Google+ but I've seen at first hand how posting my stuff on there radically improves search.

Will people want to leave facebook? probably not for a while, particularly for personal use, but if Google can come up with some profile migration tool, facebook might be in for it.

This is an old Microsoft tactic, embrace and extinguish; it's what they did with novell. Offer some compatibility and allow users an easy, free route to migrate away.

neil@camisonline

This Thread is now closed for comments