Facebook is worth $95bn (apparently!)

By : Administrator
Published 4th May 2012 |
Read latest comment - 5th March 2013

So just over a year ago, we scoffed at the $50bn forecast

Now it's doubled!

"Facebook has set the share price for its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) at between $28 and $35 per share, valuing the company at between $85bn-$95bn (

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
I'm not surprised facebook was valued so highly - information is key and they hold a hell of a lot!

enterprisepe

Yes a continuation of return of high valuation internet/software/social network floats.

Accounting Help

Something is worth what someone will pay for it - anyone out there got the money to buy it?

For example:

Bebo was founded by Michael Birch and his wife Xochi Birch in January 2005 at their home in San Francisco. It was acquired by AOL on March 13, 2008 for $850 million, with the Birch's combined 70% stake yielding a profit of $595 million from the deal.

In April 2010, AOL announced it was planning to sell or shut down Bebo, with the sale being completed on June 17, 2010 to Criterion Capital Partners for an undisclosed sum which was reportedly under $10 million

I read somewhere big advertisers staying away from adverts on facebook because of bad ROI

tomsk

The founding members of Facebook should be thrilled with this. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes even higher.

Scintillion

forum avatarGilesfuchs
10th May 2012 11:15 AM
Beyond all, as he handled the deal himself, he has left everyone speechless.

Gilesfuchs

I'm surprised as I personally think Facebook is going downhill.

shaneparkins

what you think might replace it? Wasn't massively impressed with Google + when I tried it out the other week.

neil@camisonline

what you think might replace it? Wasn't massively impressed with Google + when I tried it out the other week.

I think it's finally turned a corner: Sam Fiorella: Critics Eating Crow: Google+ Becomes Second Largest Social Platform

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I suspect that either MS or Google might try to buy it in the future, similar to what MS did with Skype and it will eventually get combined into Google or Bing search with either Hotmail or Gmail.

However, Zuckerberg isn't near retirement age so I suspect he probably won't want to sell just yet!

neil@camisonline

This Thread is now closed for comments