World Cup - Interested?

By : Forum Member
Published 23rd May 2014 |
Read latest comment - 20th June 2014

With the Football World Cup days away, looks like my usual TV is set to be decimated as usual with BBC & ITV set to show matches of Countries i have little or no interest in, let alone who is the better team in soccer! 

No doubt our usual moronic followers will fly out to Brasil, get drunk and embarrass our Nation.

I dont get the passion and idolisation that grown men show to 22 players kicking a small object around a field. With the lack of goal line technology, the lack of sportsmanship shown to each other, diving to effectively get another player sent off, nope its not a sport that can be called fair.

Recall watching a snooker match, years ago, think it may have been O'sullivan, he leaned in to take a shot and called afoul on himself that the ref didn't see - proper sportsmanship, when was the last time you saw a football player do that?

For those that remember Why dont you, i shall be doing exactly what their intro song suggested - Switch off your TV and go and do something less boring instead !

Clive
Comments

I'll be watching the paint dry

Thanks,
Barney

I would sooner extract my own teeth....

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I would sooner extract my own teeth....”

Bit extreme - but whatever floats your boat !

As if to hi-lite my point about some of the idiots that follow this sport, seems a demented fan has sent a death threat to another player who apparently accidentally knocked Louis Suarez, injuring his knee and its feared he may be out the world cup.

Can understand passion for a sport but to send a death threat for an accident - really?

Clive

Oh joy its here !

TV programmes all over the place - wish the BBC would give as much fuss over the F1 - you can bet any games that overrun will eat in to your favorite programme!!!!

I for one am not interested in watching 22 men pick a ball around, tripping over blades of grass, rolling around in agony one second, getting up & sprinting the length of field the next 

BORRRRRRRRING ! 

Clive

England tonight at 11, i'llbe watching. Not every football supporter has to be painted as a knuckle dragger

Shakester

Well after all that they lost.  

Down my street there is 1 George Cross and 1 huge Dutch Flag, owned by a very excited Dutch bloke, so I'm assuming they won.

If we lose the next game does that mean it's all over and life can go back to normal?

Steve Richardson

So more importantly will Eastenders go back to normal

Steve Richardson

It wont though - BBC & ITV will still show every boring game up to the end whether we are in or out 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments