Londons skyline set to change

By : Administrator
Published 3rd July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 4th July 2014

There's some serious building work planned for London in the shape of the Nine Elms development, which has ruffled a few feathers and will add a new cluster of towers and skyscrapers.

Images courtesy of: www.nineelmslondon.com

The Greater London Authority has been hearing evidence relating to it's tall buildings policy.

Great quote from former City of London planner Peter Rees:

"While 27% of people might want to live in tall buildings, 100% of Londoners have to look at them" 

Full article on building.co.uk

Must admit, from the above images I think it looks really good

So what does anyone think? Does it really matter, city skylines evolve all the time. Anyone been to Birmingham recently! Unrecognisable from 20 years ago.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

As a young lad who often traveled through London as a kid I found high rise buildings fascinating and dreamed of one day living in one. As an adult having worked in many of them, there is nothing about them I find even remotely attractive. Would I prefer my £250k semi detached house, with trees, birds, foxes, squirrels and other wildlife and neighbours that talk to you? To living up in the air in a million pound pad, with plasterboard walls, no wildlife, no trees, restricted car parking, neighbours that just grunt at you when passing and views of other piles of concrete? I know where I'd rather be....

Thanks,
Barney

Quite like the prospect of the changes and yes they look good but wouldn't like to live anywhere near London - just far to much traffic.

Living some 20/25 miles south of Birmingham albeit in the built up area of Redditch, traffic is much lighter and there is still plenty of green space - in fact there is a huge field behind my house, where my cat spends her days mousing & catching pigeons!

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments