Parking madness - is it right to use Facebook/Social Media

By : Forum Member
Published 15th July 2014 |
Read latest comment - 16th July 2014

This story on the BBC website resonates with me Facebook revenge for Lowestoft poor parking praised

Sounds all a bit vigilante for me and i fear that someone may take matters in to their own hands.

Is it right that a civilian takes the Law in to his own hands and posts pictures of poorly parked cars on Facebook albeit in Public interest, but isnt that what the Police & Traffic Wardens are for?

Similar thing happened outside of the school where i'm a Governor and a parent started taking photos of cars parked on the zigzag lines outside the gates and it caused us all sorts of grief.

I'm all for responsible parking but against the kind of vigilante actions taken. If there is a parking problem the Police should be involved. Ok they dont issue parking fines but the driver can be reported for other offences, or the Police and Traffic Wardens should work closer together IMHO

Clive
Comments

Reality of dwindling council budgets, fewer coppers and less traffic wardens.

Maybe there should be a scheme where you get Tesco points or Nectar points for every image of bad parking you take and upload to your local parking gestapo sorry traffic warden website 

I'll take a few pics if it means I get a few pence knocked off my fuel bill...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I'm all for being a bit vigilanti, only over public funded vehicles though. I have no time for double standards and do as I say but not as I do attitude. I'll always report those who abuse their uniform and think they can park where they like and then pop off to do a bit of shopping or get something to eat. Me and the met police complaints department often exchange emails. The result is always the same though... "On this occaission we've give the officer concerned words of advice" 

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments