Financial support for Charlie Hebdo

By : Administrator
Published 8th January 2015 |
Read latest comment - 9th January 2015

Well never thought I'd be supporting the French 

Great quote from the Guardian website:

Mockery is hated by the powerful and despotic – which is why it must continue

Nice gesture from the Guardian and Google.

A big fan of satire, although not familiar with Charlie Hebdo, it is a worrying development and I do wonder where all this extremism is leading us all  All it will do is fuel far right sentiment and escalate tension. 

What's next, an attack on Mock the Week, or have I got news for you? 

It really is a sad and confusing world we live in...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

It really is turning in to a sad scary world.

Im all for diverse religions and race - live and let live!  But these extremists are damaging the very sanctity they claim they are fighting for.

Heard on the News the UK is braced for its own terror attack ..... when will this all end 

Clive

I find it bizarre that you can say something offensive on twitter and be arrested, charged and even jailed for it, but yet you can draw cartoons and be as offensive as you like (under the title of 'humour') and nothing happens to you. 

indizine
indizine

and nothing happens to you.”

Not strictly true, given current events 

I don't know, I like a world with satire, sarcasm, non PC humour, and feel free to call me a pratt on twitter.

Twitter trolling and cyber bullying to the point of destroying peoples lives is on a different scale to satirical mocking a subject like religion IMHO.

Something that is taken far too seriously whatever the belief or flavour, from aliens and Scientology to the one prophet or many gods. Lets face it, it has been the largest cause of death, destruction and cruelty for thousands of years.

But if a cartoon was used a weapon of malice and the humour/satire was removed, then I agree, it is no different to verbal abuse or trolling and should be treated as such.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments