The EU - Has Cameron done enough?

By : Administrator
Published 5th February 2016 |
Read latest comment - 4th June 2016

Media speculation and bias seem to indicate no, but what do you think?

Is he putting together a convincing proposal for reforms, or is the emergency benefit brake the damp squid as Euro sceptic MP's suggest?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Not done nearly enough for me .. I am still squarely in favour of Britain looking after itself and we can remove the huge payouts we pay every year which can be spent on new hospitals roads etc and pay off the countries huge debt ... I could go on and on 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

have you seen this ..seems genuine and from facebook link

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I was never in.......... and my view has little or nothing to do with immigration, our parents were sold the Common Market that was all it was, nothing else. They were misled, there was absolutely no way that those that voted knew where we would eventually end up with it all...

Food, money and jobs nothing to to do with open borders, nothing to do with a single currency, nothing to do with fishing quotas, nothing to do with paying farmers not to grow crops, nothing to do with EU emissions scheme, nothing to do with EU court of human rights. I honestly believe the EU needs us more than we need them. And barring Holland most of the remaining EU countries especially France have forgotten how we saved their countries during WW2 and treat us like a trash can...

Thanks,
Barney

Food, money and jobs nothing to to do with open borders, nothing to do with a single currency, nothing to do with fishing quotas, nothing to do with paying farmers not to grow crops, nothing to do with EU emissions scheme, nothing to do with EU court of human rights...”

Superb link Barney. This is my favourite page

9 members in 1975 versus the current 28. In another 30 years, maybe the EU will include Africa, Asia and America 

The original aims and ideals are think are sound. I'll confess to thinking we should stay in but the argument for leaving is getting stronger and stronger. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I didnt see it, but heard on the news this morning Cameron took a battering on the first live debate.

Also, why was it on Sky and not normal TV channels? Or was it and i didn't notice 

Anyone's views changed yet or are they as they were?

Clive

Personally I think it's great that the public front out politicians and call them liars to their face. For far too long the public has just sat back and taken at face value what politicians have said, now every statement they make is scrutinised which can only be a good thing. Politicians have to be held accountable to the people they serve and even more so does the Prime Minister. Tony Blair ended the free reign of lying or misleading Prime Ministers by taking the UK into war.

So throughout the current stay / leave campaign there have been scaremongering claims probably from both sides of the argument, but more so from the remain camp about what will happen if the public vote to leave. Well no one actually knows what will happen, what ever does happen will only happen gradually over time and not overnight, We'll still trade and travel with Europe, interest rates will still rise and fall....in fact life will carry on pretty much as usual.....

I'm still out and will remain out, maybe because I still have this nostalgic romantic view of what the UK once was, it might not be the right view, but it's the one I have and I'll stick with it...  

Thanks,
Barney

That's the way I feel , 1 of my gripes are we fought 2 wars to keep Britain safe , my Dad was there too in D day .. If they really want us to be in the EU they must let the UK be the leader and have London as the head office , then and only then will I say maybe.

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This was posted on Twitter today, couldn't help but chuckle.....I am still undecided but I do find it hard to side with the likes of Farage and Murdoch!!!

Don't think it has anything to do with Farage and Murdoch it's for the good of the country.. You just need look at all the back handed threats from the EU that have been going around. I can't see how we will survive if we do stay in as we will be supporting the likes of Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Cyprus who have been bailed out for failing to pay up.. Just doesn't make sense to support a failing economy with only 1 country profiting.... Besides this decision is not final. If it really does get bad we can always join the EU but it will be a lot harder leaving.. Also why is it racist to want to leave , I just don't get that ,every colour is voting ?  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments