Noisy Neighbours

By : Forum Member
Published 20th July 2016 |
Read latest comment - 4th August 2016

I had the pleasure of being woken up this morning by one of my noisy neighbours as his van was being lifted by DVLA for no payment of the road tax or whatever they call it now. Boy did he kick off.... Up it went in the air, dropped on a low loader..... all done and dusted within 2 minutes. Was he happy? Nope..... he then decides to lie in the middle of the road moaning saying he'd have it all paid by 9am, whilst all this is going on none of us that actually live in the close can go to work..... 2 hours this went on for until he eventually saw the light and realised he wasn't getting his van back...... He's not very popular in the close today.... His only saving grace is, is that he's freed up a parking space

Thanks,
Barney
Comments

How humiliating! 

See you own't get excitement like that in the backwaters of Wales 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

lol, these people never learn. These days it is extremely hard to get away with a unlicensed vehicle .haha we know , when we moved we forgot to change the address so never got the letter ,and got hit with a fine.... oops we leant our lesson  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Sounds like a variation on topic about my neighbours.  

Just dozing off the other night when he starts van, reverses down communal drive, sits with headlights on, having a ciggie, then drives back up and parks.  My 85-year-old neighbour has taken issue with him over his parking. Also witnessed row with his girlfriend last week, containing very "choice" language and what sounded like breaking crockery.  Thanks for disturbing my quiet evening sitting in my garden!

Add to this young couple next door with two young children.  The elder child only seems able to communicate by screaming, even at times when she should be in bed.  Have registered my displeasure by closing back door firmly on occasions!

JuliaP

I'm thinking vans should be banned from suburbia

We have one in our street who starts work early hours, and has to have the van sitting there on tick over for about 10 minutes, which feels like an eternity. Just get in and clear off, quietly! 

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

I'm thinking vans should be banned from suburbia

We have one in our street who starts work early hours, and has to have the van sitting there on tick over for about 10 minutes, which feels like an eternity. Just get in and clear off, quietly! 

Sounds like there's a breed of them!

He sat outside my house last night looking in my direction, before reversing down communal drive.  I was on 'phone (signal's better at front), wasn't interested so just turned my back on him.  Of course he will be long gone when the communal drive needs to be resurfaced so he doesn't care about the damage he's doing.

End of rant!!

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments