Labour Leadership challenge - are you gripped with excitement?

By : Administrator
Published 14th September 2016 |
Read latest comment - 27th September 2016

Is it me, or does it feel like the Labour Leadership has been going on forever?

According to Labours website:

"The Labour Party National Executive Committee has agreed the timetable for the election of the Leader of the Labour Party. The election will conclude with a Leadership Conference on 24 September 2016"

Even with the negative media image that seems to follow Jeremy Corbyn, I personally think he's got it in the bag. The question is what will happen to the Labour Party if he does win? Will there be the much prophesied split or breakup of the party? Or will Labour finally sort themselves out and start acting like an opposition party, keeping the Government in check.

This ongoing public self destruction of the party could take decades to sort out, or will a new centre party arise from the ashes. Maybe it will absorb the Liberals and the Greens 

Who knows, but just get on with it. 

Regardless of your political persuasion, or if you think Cameron was right or wrong to resign, you can't argue the fact that the Tories were quick to sort themselves out, even it caused some high profile casualties.

Likewise a party in power that has no strong opposition, is worrying if we want to keep flying the flag of democracy, particularly when we are quick to criticise single party regimes in other countries.

Anyone got any thoughts? Are you uninterested and bored by the whole sorry saga, or do you think the Labour Party is about to be reborn and burst back into life?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

In answer to the original question, I can safely say no!

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

That thud you heard was my head hitting the table!!

It's gone on almost as long as the US presidential one, but that one has been far more exciting but just as excrutiating......

JuliaP

Does that answer the question?

Clive

Guess who won, were you surprised?? 

So there we go, a party leader stronger than before, a coup by his MP's which has spectacularly backfired which now leaves them isolated and looking foolish.

The good ship Labour has now has lurched dramatically to the left. The centre ground is now disappearing over the horizon, with a Liberal rowing boat chasing after it. The SS Iron Lady is holding fast on a centre right course with a UKIP Lifejacket floating round in circles.

Question is, will Captain Corbyn and his merry band of party members make any MP's walk the plank? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Question is, will Captain Corbyn and his merry band of party members make any MP's walk the plank? 

Possibly those women who keep trying to play the sexism card 

As for Captain Corbyn I think he's played a blinder.  Then listening to his mate O'Donnell, there's none so blind......

JuliaP

Still seems to be a descent in the party - noticed Ed Balls on the News this morning claiming he was "concerned" with Corbyn as  party leader 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments