Social Networking for Business - is it worth it?

By sjr4x4 : Administrator
Published 14th March 2011 | Last comment 9th May 2013
Comments
I opened my shop a few weeks ago and facebook has been a great way of advertising. I think it also give a bit more of a personal touch if done correctly

Vintage & Chic Emporium

Linked-in has been our best provider so far.
It's been a slow-burn approach. We get leads from people we have dealt with in the last 2-5 years. It's a great way of staying in touch when you don't -er- stay in touch!

mattjonesits

What's your success rate been like with Linked In? I've had mine for a while now, and nothing really goes on there. Yea, I know, I'm kinda anti social networks, but you've mentioned it twice now, so I'm curious

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Hi what is "getting it wrong" in social media, how can this be avoided to ensure it does not have the adverse effect ??

Beauty1994

Hi what is "getting it wrong" in social media, how can this be avoided to ensure it does not have the adverse effect ??

Being a general pain, constantly updating social networks with nothing but link upon link and not taking the time to get to know the people following you.

Social networking isn't about promotion, its about networking. Talking to others in the same niche as you, or spending time getting to know what your prospective clients want or need, and giving it to them as best you can.

Well, IMHO anyway

Thanks,
Dreamraven

What would you say is the proper manner?

Although the question wasn't directed at me I'd like to answer with my opinion. I think with all of the social media websites and marketing techniques there is really no one "proper manner." I'd say as long as you are getting the results you desire and are staying within the terms of service you are doing well.

Scintillion

Just in response to the success rate on Linked-in - I got two good bits of business and found an old University friend! Personally I think any leads from Linked-in are usually good and don't take any real effort.

One could probably do more with it - pay for a higher level or constantly update your status with links etc. I don't so can't say if that makes a difference.

mattjonesits

This Thread is now closed for comments