Scottish Independence and the UK picks up the debt bill?

By : Administrator
Published 13th January 2014 |
Read latest comment - 8th August 2014

Interesting article on the beeb.

The UK Treasury says it will honour all UK government debt issued up to the date of the referendum on Scottish independence...

The Treasury said it will "in all circumstances" take responsibility for all UK government debt, should Scotland vote for independence in September.

The debt is currently

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
Looked at dispassionately, I'd dump the Westminister government if I could. The Scots are lucky they've got the chance to do so!

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Looked at dispassionately, I'd dump the Westminister government if I could. The Scots are lucky they've got the chance to do so!

lol, well house prices are apparently cheaper over the border, maybe apply for citizenship?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

If Scotland get independance I think the north of England should follow.
Anything north of Watford, should be renamed The land of the great unwashed, we can also give G4S the contracts for border control..thumbsdown

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

I can't see it happening actually, most of the Scottish people I know either don't want it or aren't interested, I'm never sure who they're actually asking when they produce statistics that say otherwise.

Thanks,
JoeSchmo

Bit of a thread bump ....

Just seen on the BBC website that Alex Salmond is insisting he is keeping the pound as Scottish Currency still threatening not to share the National Debt if he doesn't get his own way.

Seems he wants to pick and chose what parts of the UK Scotland wants to keep & dump.

Only weeks away now from finding out what happens, although it has to be said i'm pretty bored of all the hype surrounding it, as are a lot of the Scots by all accounts.

Clive

Not sure anyone in England cares anymore, though i bank with bank of scotland, have shares with RBS, purchase boilers from two manufacturers in Scotland and eat lots of salmon.... Not sure about them being able to keep the pound though as I thought the lib/lab/con leaders all said that would not be allowed to happen....  As Alex Salmond likes a bit of this and a bit of that......Maybe they could have the bitcoin currency?

Thanks,
Barney

LMAO  bitcoins ... brilliant

Well he has been told to come up with an alternative

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments