benefits of being a drunkard.

By : Entrepreneur
Published 7th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 7th April 2010

Noticed today a story of a young 'lady' who at 20 years of age is in receipt of unemployment benefit. Topped up now to over 7k per annum with disability benefits. WHY? Cos she drinks 20 cans a day plus a bottle of Voddy, too ill to work, so further benefits go to fuelling this drink frenzy. GOD If I drunk that much in a week I'd be bl00dy dead.

You and I pay for that....dear-dear-dear, I truly despair, I really do.

Mike

bonsai passion
Comments
typical!

The only way I could get the tax payer to pay for my drunken binges was to join the forces

Plus the added benefit that they send you to lots of exotic places to expand your true drinking potential!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Plus the added benefit that they send you to lots of exotic places to expand your true drinking potential!

So you could fall out of a moving vehicle in Cyprus i seem to recall too!

This story typifies this Country and the state we are falling in to - words defy the logic of this - i feel a rant coming on, but dont feel well enough

Clive

What would you rather do with her?

I can't imagine she'd be capable of any job in that state. I certainly can't imagine anyone here hiring her even for a menial role. Remploy research shows that 69% of SMEs admit to being unlikely to hire someone with mental health issues. So she can't earn her own money.

Leaving people who are incapable of looking after themselves to die in the streets isn't something we do any more, at least not officially.

Locking her up in prison for detox would be an option, except that she would have to commit an actual crime first... keeping her in prison would cost more than

VirtuallyMary

Mary, you so put a smile on my face. I'd love a beer with you to put the world to rights. I have this configged to come into my outlook inbox, I read two lines and I know the post emanates from you.

It is so rare for me to ever consider being a fan to someone else.

There, must be because the grandchildren arrived - today that has made me spout out and out honesty.

Mike

bonsai passion

Its not really down to the people who find they cant live without alcohol, or a gamble, or drugs or many other things that no doubt you lot could come up with. But these things have been classed as an ilness. what defines that, its not for me to say. So they should be treated. And no they cant work, health and safety issues and trust in the work place come to mind.

What has caused this, is society, and the greed for money. Thats not to say thats wrong as it employs loyal staff and helps them to support their famalies and the likes.

Alcohol, 3 litres white cider for

sean44mc

Aww, thanks Mike - there was me thinking I was being a gloomy cynic with a tendency to over-think things!

oh, wait...

;-)

VirtuallyMary

Aww, thanks Mike - there was me thinking I was being a gloomy cynic with a tendency to over-think things!

oh, wait...

;-)

you made some very good valid points mary

sean

sean44mc

This Thread is now closed for comments