Has Pinterest given you any business leads?

By : Growing Business
Published 29th January 2013 |
Read latest comment - 4th April 2013

Hi All,

I understand that social media is a very important and also beneficial platform for garnering sales. Besides that it also creates brand awareness. But what I was wondering if Pinterest has helped anyone in anyway whatsoever? I don't understand how pinterest itself can direct anyone to your site or tell anyone anything about your business. Anyone had any experience with this platform?

alicemenezes
Comments
Hi Alice

Pretty much covered my views in this post - Pinterest - whose using it and what do you think?

Short answer, not a sausage

But potential, yep I can see it, if not for me for other types of business.

I was doing some research recently to see if or how we could utilise it. Look at this example, heres a cook at home mum, with over 33,000 followers!

So she has useful visuals, ie food, and links back to recipes, but most pins are from other websites. So other than a warm cosy feeling, and publicity, what does she get out of it commercially?

So if you crack it, report back and let us know

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

For the most part, Pinterest seems like the kind of place where there are lots of pictures of jewelry, handbags, puppies, recipes, and Channing Tatum shirtless.

Scintillion

Hi Alice

Pretty much covered my views in this post - Pinterest - whose using it and what do you think?

Short answer, not a sausage

But potential, yep I can see it, if not for me for other types of business.

I was doing some research recently to see if or how we could utilise it. Look at this example, heres a cook at home mum, with over 33,000 followers!

So she has useful visuals, ie food, and links back to recipes, but most pins are from other websites. So other than a warm cosy feeling, and publicity, what does she get out of it commercially?

So if you crack it, report back and let us know

After going through your links, my eyes have now opened up and I can finally see something good coming from pinterest apart from the beautiful pictures. I appreciate your post.

Roxy

I think this could work very well if you work within the "vision sector" such as fashion, interior design, design in general - people can see products instantly and how good they look. I think it could be a very powerful tool if you are in the right industry.

shaneparkins

Pinterest is an exclusive club, that is why it is popular with people who deal in jewel, gemstone and expensive watches. However, with time, I look forward to the days when this site will be used by all marketers irrespective of products they sell .

Roxy

found that the images of my castles and forts when i was doing a search for wooden castles and forts were listed on the google images page saying from pinterest but not from my site so yes i have found it useful in that way

promostamper

It was a nice surprise when a user re-pinned one of our documents and shortly after I saw it has been ordered through the website. So it might work and I need to focus more on this social network

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

It was a nice surprise when a user re-pinned one of our documents and shortly after I saw it has been ordered through the website. So it might work and I need to focus more on this social network

Good feedback, and just goes to show it can throw up surprises how customers come across your products!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Not personally.

But I know some people in the creative field that use it as a sort of portfolio, and find it very useful for networking with other creatives.

I can see the potential there, but sadly it's a few years away from being a useful sales tool.

Slough Business

This Thread is now closed for comments