Election 2015 - so what do you think of it so far?

By : Administrator
Published 9th April 2015 |
Read latest comment - 8th May 2015

So the Tories will keep and replace our Trident nuclear deterrent, SNP will scrap it and now Labour are making noises about downsizing the number of submarines.

Labour seem adamant they won't form a coalition with the SNP, Tories seem convinced they will get a majority this time, and is it me, or has the SNP taken over as the 3rd party in UK politics? Where are the Libs?

UKIP don't seem to be as vocal as I was expecting, and the BBC seems to be obsessed with his coat! - The story of Nigel Farage's coat

With a business owner head on, are you voting as planned, or have you been swayed by any propaganda?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

TBH . I am not listening to anything they say ,nor have I as I tend to tune out when they talking.

I know who I am voting for already and wont be swayed from my decision ,but like I said before the only party I wont vote for is the green ,they have single handedly destroyed Brighton

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

You can understand why people don't vote, 2 weeks ago they were talking about what sort of kitchen each of these political leaders have, as if that matters. I don't listen to Miliband as I don't think in all honesty that labour will get back in power again for some time yet, simply because they are still paying the penalty for both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's previous governments. I also don't believe the conservatives will win an outright victory either, especially with Cameron making some pretty bold promises at the moment, which I cannot see him being able to keep, when the UK's national debt stands at £1.5 trillion. So where's the money for the submarines coming from? More borrowing? They are currently stating the sub project will cost £100billion, no government project of this size is ever on budget, so the costs will probably be £300billion.

Personally I like the idea of having a coalition government, I think under the circumstances the current coalition hasn't done too bad. I think having a 2 party government keeps everything in check and allows better decisions to be made, rather than having one party ruling the roost.... I would like to see UKIP in a coalition only because this will guarantee a vote on Europe and we now need to have this vote and put it to rest one way or another.... 

Thanks,
Barney

Personally I like the idea of having a coalition government, I think under the circumstances the current coalition hasn't done too bad. I think having a 2 party government keeps everything in check and allows better decisions to be made”

It's interesting isn't, years ago the prospect of a coalition would fill us with dread, with lots of infighting and arguing. But I agree the current govt hasn't done too bad, with the Liberals maybe providing a bit of a moral compass.

Not sure I'd want to see UKIP in a coalition, or even Tory/Labour, but would be happy with the current coalition continuing. At least the Tories have said there will be a referendum on Europe, so a bit like Scotland, get it over and done with and move on, come what may.

Steve Richardson

I know its wrong, but I'm a bit bored of it all already

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

So the big debate last night, minus the PM and Nick Clegg.

Gutsy move by Cameron or election suicide?

Nigel seems to be losing the plot ranting about a BBC picked left wing audience, an dis it me, or Milliband starting to emulate and sound like Blair?

Do wonder if Sturgeon has a secret dream to run for a leadership contest for the Labour party

Steve Richardson

I did watch a bit .. I had to laugh at the trident question though ,especially the women ..lol get rid of trident Do you think these countries that have missiles are gonna invade a country with handouts and singing hymns ... I'm sorry ,like Nigel said it's expensive but you need it .. I dunno the more I hear him talk the more I see a man talking honest not bull ????? like the rest of them  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I still think that having the country run by an individual party is going to take us all to where we don't want to be. To have the SNP in Downing Street running the show with Labour, when only 6 months ago the SNP wanted independence from the rest of the UK kind of beggars belief. The SNP's allegiance is to Scotland rather than the UK and always will be. They lost their referendum fair and square and as far as I'm concerned have no right to be running UK plc they didn't want to be part of it and 6 months later they want it all... I'd be banned on here from telling them where to go 

Red Ed, there's just something about him that's missing, certainly leadership skills, often gets caught on the hop and definitely always getting his photograph taken at the wrong time. I don't think the British public have yet forgiven the Labour party for their last efforts in Parliament or how they managed to allow this country to come to its knees. I think for Red Ed, retirement looms shortly along with Nick Clegg of the Liberal Democrats.

You can also forget about Natalie Bennett of the Green party, she'd have us all recycling day and night, have windmills in our back gardens, wants fossil free fuel and wants everyone taxed to the hilt to pay for it all.

This leaves David Cameron, who seems hell bent on selling the remains of the silver, can't sell the gold as Gordon Brown did that, anyway back to Dave, in the papers today he's on about selling Lloyd's bank shares, well they are not his to sell the taxpayer bailed out the banks and the taxpayer should receive all the money back (might help clear some of the £1.5 trillion debt) Seems to be offering all sorts from tax breaks to selling more social housing stock, but at what cost? The nation is in debt up to it's eyeballs and no one wants to clear it, might be ok now, but sometime in the future everyone's kids are going to have to pick up the tab. I firmly believe that reports of how our economy is glowing month in month out are false and misleading, it may well be glowing in certain sectors i.e. banking but this was the industry that brought the country into recession in the first place and will probably do so again.

UKIP, for some unknown reason I like Nigel, seems to talk to the man on the street at the same level. He knows that the borders of this country need to be tightened up and that the UK should be ruled by the UK rather than an unelected European parliament. Seems to me that out of everyone standing at the forthcoming election he is the only one who truly believes in democracy. I don't expect UKIP to win, but they will get my vote.

I think for the time being anyone not living in Wales can forget about Plaid Cymru They won't be coming down the M4 to number 10...

Thanks,
Barney

I see my wife was right about the debate the other night ,she was not the only 1 to see that it was completely 1 sided against Nigel that is ,despite them saying it was all equal

@Barney you say exactly the same thing too as my wife said about Nigel being seems to talk to the man on the street at the same level ... I watched the 90 second manifest and agree with all of his steps he wants except the last 1 , ex servicemen should be knocked down to 2 years .. I did 2 years conscription in the air force as a dog handler and 2 years was a long time

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I only caught the last one and a half questions on the television debate and not sure whether I missed very much anyway, probably the usual hot air that gets blown prior to an election, but once elected whichever party that may be the manifesto they were elected on, simply goes out the window. It's been said by political commentators that the days of the two main political parties ruling the roost are numbered and I think they are right and think both parties are going to get their backsides whipped in the forthcoming election. I think the mood of the country wants a political change where those who are elected are held accountable. From a business point of view I could not vote Labour, from a personal point of view I'd struggle to vote Conservative, I don't give the Liberal Democrats a second thought. So that leaves me with UKIP, their not going to be to everyone's taste I will admit, but when you look at this country over the last 30 odd years and see what the 2 main parties have created, then we need something to take us in a different direction, we need major industry's to start thriving again, not just down here in London but in Northern counties and in the places like Wales where they once had industry, once the mine were closed down everything that supported that industry went as well, with nothing put in place for those who lost their jobs. Now what do they have? call centers that pester the rest of the country all day long. We also need to end the 'open border' policy not to protect jobs but to protect the UK, we have absolutely no idea who's coming or who's leaving this country. Those that do come have no checks done on them. we should at the very least have immigration security as tough as both the US and Australia at present the authorities have no idea who's in this country.

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments