Who will be next?

By Steve Richardson : Administrator
Published 19th January 2016 | Last comment 30th May 2017
Comments

Jean Alexander at the grand age of 90.

Her performances as Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street as the long-suffering wife of Stan made it more watchable then.  Many will remember her "muriel" complete with flying ducks!  Her appearances in Last of the Summer Wine were poor in comparison....

JuliaP

And now Sir Jimmy Young at the grand age of 95.

Forever the professional, I remember his Radio 2 morning show where he invited listeners to send in recipes which were featured on the programme, preceded by the jingle "what's the recipe today Jim?" Thankfully he didn't play his own records too often....

I also remember the uproar when he was replaced by Jeremy Vine, but he maintain decorum in explaining it was time for younger blood to take over.

JuliaP

And now Sir Jimmy Young at the grand age of 95.”

Now he has passed away, how long before something surfaces from the gutter. "He touched my bum 40 years ago.." If Sir Cliff isn't safe....

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Now he has passed away, how long before something surfaces from the gutter. "He touched my bum 40 years ago.." If Sir Cliff isn't safe....

Interesting question asked in, I think, The Telegraph yesterday.  Before the Met Commissioner retires, why does he not prosecute the fantasists who have made these allegations......

JuliaP

Although I generally prefer the covers of Leonard's songs, he was a remarkable talent. Another great lost this year.

Bird on a Wire

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

And now Robert Vaughn.

I remember him as Napoleon Solo but didn't realise he'd been in Corrie as well.  

JuliaP

Seems to be a sudden rush of them at the moment, 2016 certainly has been a bit of a clear out. All we are going be left with at this rate are the B list and reality TV stars  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

And now Robert Vaughn.

I remember him as Napoleon Solo but didn't realise he'd been in Corrie as well.  ”

No nor me, not that i watch it though

He played a cracking part in Hustle 

Clive

And now Andrew Sachs.  Poor man had dementia.

JuliaP

And a week later, Greg Lake. Another victim of cancer.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

This Thread is now closed for comments