Becoming a Non Smoker

By Sharpink : Forum Regular
Published 29th February 2012 | Last comment 28th March 2020
Comments

I'm a bit too pig headed just to chuck in the towel, Haven't really been bothered by it up to now. As it happens I went to see the Doc the other week as I couldn't cough properly apparently this was affecting both smokers and non smokers. Anyway he asked  how much i smoked, so told him it was the smallest pouch of tobacco thinking that will give me some sort of leeway with him..... "Er that will be the equivalent of 40 a day then" he said

So my intention is to be on these e-cigs for a while started last Saturday on 18mg strength today I've started on the 12mg pack... And next week we'll see.. Now my sense of smell is returning I'm now going to have to get my house re-decorated and the vehicles are going to need a proper clean.....

Thanks,
Barney

Good on yer, stick with it and beat the cigs!

Doesn't matter what age you are. Been trying to convince my old fella for years but he's stubborn with the same old argument, I'm too old now, won't make any difference... cobblers!

I think because you come across fewer and fewer smokers these days, ie pubs etc, the stench of fags becomes more noticeable when you do come across it. It really is disgusting and impregnates everything. Yet I never used to think twice when I was puffing away, and never noticed it.

Now you've finally fell into the thread, you now know we expect progress reports 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I'm a bit too pig headed just to chuck in the towel”

But did you stick with your reduction plan? 

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

But did you stick with your reduction plan? 

Yes.... I go into McDonald's grab myself a handful of straws and suck on them...

Thanks,
Barney

Yes.... I go into McDonald's grab myself a handful of straws and suck on them...

After I stopped smoking, every McDonald's on the M62 and M1 became my new best friend.

My new goal in life is to lose the extra two stone in weight gain, supplied by McDonalds and encouraged by the lack of smoking... for the last 4.5 years

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

After I stopped smoking, every McDonald's on the M62 and M1 became my new best friend.

My new goal in life is to lose the extra two stone in weight gain, supplied by McDonalds and encouraged by the lack of smoking... for the last 4.5 years

Can honestly say stopping smoking hasn't bothered me in the slightest, even after 40 odd years of it. Weight gain has probably gone up, but it was going up anyway. But have promised myself a pushbike once I've moved house, not a chance in hell I'll ride one in London... The good thing about the move will be, is that the nearest take a way is around 10 miles and are no home deliveries... which also means no junk mail... I may even take up jogging, as no one will be able to see me in the middle of nowhere....

Oh and funny enough, I was thinking of you yesterday as I was handing over £62.50 to Staples for 2 measly pots of ink....

Thanks,
Barney

Oh and funny enough, I was thinking of you yesterday as I was handing over £62.50 to Staples for 2 measly pots of ink....

Can't believe you didn't message or email me for a price. We would definitely beat staples on any ink and toner product. We would also apply a 20% discount on our website prices to any MLF member.....

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

Ha ha, costly lesson learned... Truth of the matter was, it was Sunday afternoon and I was desperate to print of some legal documents to post Monday morning. Was after the HP300 ink cartridges that you sell for £17.10, still haven't printed off what I was going to so could have waited...

Thanks,
Barney

I think that would be a great idea to get members to use other members sites with discounts etc.

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I think that would be a great idea to get members to use other members sites with discounts etc.”

Watch this space, we have something getting rolled out in November that should allow this, and get some publicity. But don't want to detract from the theme of the thread which is about non smoking 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments