Published 29th February 2012 | Last comment 28th March 2020
Comments
Oh man, the difference it makes doing sports.”

Oh I know... 

No I'm lying, I have absolutely no idea about playing sport 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Well up to 4 years and counting for me... 

Best thing I ever did...

no matter how you arrive at the decision to quit, it must be done for one person.

yourself.

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

Oh I know... 

No I'm lying, I have absolutely no idea about playing sport 

Hahaha. Well, thinking about it counts as well! 

MarketingQuotes

Well having avoided this thread for 4 years and having started at the age of 12 some 42 years ago, I thought it might be a good idea to give it a bash in trying to give it up. So tomorrow it will have been a week since the last time i bought a packet of cigarettes. Have got myself one of those electronic vape things, so we'll see how it goes............

Thanks,
Barney

Good on ya mate 

So have you actually had your last cig yet?

Clive

Well, the last time I had a proper cigarette was last Friday. Not entirely convinced chomping on an e-cigarette = not smoking.... Think I'd go stark raving mad if I went straight cold turkey.... We'll see how it goes........

Thanks,
Barney

Without revisiting what i said before, i did actually manage cold turkey - very easy for me to say now but its a simple case of what did i want to achieve by giving up - mine was my ex wife said we couldn't have kids unless i stopped smoking.

Looking back now, why did i bother 

Kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure you will crack it Barney - sending huge amounts of forum positive waves 

Clive

I did it many years ago before these e things were about , it a case of keeping your fingers busy and substituting smoking, I took to eating peppermints as they lasted a while and were sweet ,now I will never touch them again  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Well having avoided this thread for 4 years and having started at the age of 12 some 42 years agO"
Keeping my fingers crossed,
like many others on the forum I will keep checking in to offer support and encouragement. It helped me to quit knowing that others were genuinely interested.
one day at a time.....
good luck

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

Just do it Barney!!! Mind over matter!! No excuses! If you really want to then you can do it.

This Thread is now closed for comments