forum avatar

Has Anybody seen Good Results with Google Plus Local

By
Published 30th July 2012 |
Read latest comment - 4th November 2012

I believe that Google places plus pages could only be benefited if you have your G+ community more active like on Facebook/twitter....

So, I'm a bit curious to know how good are things with this new update?

Gilesfuchs
Comments
"Has Anybody seen Good Results with Google Plus Local?"

Short answer - no

No doubt time will tell as we are all sucked into the Google local zone....

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Can't keep up with the ever expanding realm of social networking, media, marketing.

Steve see that you are on The interest of pins(Pinterest). How is that working out for you? Worthwhile?

Accounting Help

Can't keep up with the ever expanding realm of social networking, media, marketing.

Steve see that you are on The interest of pins(Pinterest). How is that working out for you? Worthwhile?

Early days yet (erm haven't seen anything yet!)

Got a good thread going for Pinterest.

Pinterest thread

Steve Richardson

Has Anybody seen Good Results with Google Plus Local?"

Short answer - no

No doubt time will tell as we are all sucked into the Google local zone....

It works in America because there are so many more people, but I really can't see it generating decent volumes of traffic in the UK. Our cities just aren't big enough.

That said, it was helpful when I used to work up in London.

FreelanceScribbler

As with anything time it will take time to really show what it can do. I for one have not seen any results but I actually do see only potential. I heard a friend talking about Google already seen some TV ads for Google Plus Local although I cant confirm this.

ParagonHRSolutions

As with anything time it will take time to really show what it can do.

Unless Google suddenly loses world wide search engine dominance, then it's inevitable that Google Plus local will work in some shape or form. But I think its current inception is clunky, messy and duplicated with business pages and now the absorbed former places pages.

Once the big brands start marketing it for Google, then no doubt the rest of us will plod along after them, but I hope they rethink the current layout and make it more logical.

Maybe recruit Mark Zuckerberg to give it all a makeover

Steve Richardson

I think it is purely being used to kill of yell.com. People are turning more and more to Google rather than yell and yellow pages as their local directory. Why pay for a listing with yell when you can have a free one with the biggest local directory - Google.

When it's that popular it forces every company to have a Google+ Local page (and why wouldn't you when it's free) and therefore pushes Google+ more in everyone's face. I think it's a clever move by them.

ukstorage

I've found that Google+ dominates every other channel for local businesses in terms of sheer call volume.

Everyone goes there right now. All you need to really do is pick the 2 biggest searched phrases (using Google Keyword tool) and optimize your Google+ page with those as categories, words in the description, and fill it out with as much content (pictures, videos, coupons etc) as possible.

Zaragoza

I haven’t seen too big of a success with Google local, but then (as others have brought up) it is still quite new and will take some time.

Thanks,
longlivemedia

This Thread is now closed for comments